Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Week 8.

Well not much to report on. It’s hard here. We walk all day, literally. The tips of my toes have blisters on them, and I don’t know why. My shoes fit right. Oh well. We talk to a lot of people, and I understand about 3/4 of what they say when they don’t speak a million miles an hour. It’s harder to talk [in Spanish], but it is getting better.

This week sacrament meeting was a bit better because the bishops kids were running outside, but the windows were open because no A/C. The Hermanas had a few new people there; we had none. We haven’t even been able to teach a lesson to a new investigator yet because no one is ever home. Dañel is in a different area, so I don’t know how he is doing. We do have this one crazy lady named Lucia. She is off her rocker, but she is great. She always calls us her babies and says bye-bye really weird. She is great.

One thing I could always get in a package now is candy. The candy here is weird, but the good kind is expensive.

I helped a guy with his car, but he couldn’t explain what the problem was. From what I could tell, it was a vacuum leak, and all he had to do was find what adapter had the problem. Love you all. That’s all for now.
Bye-bye
-Elder Newman

I found Pepsi! Usually they only have Coke here.

The Allen Rail Monument was in the main city of Allen. It was built with the remains of railway materials.

This is about what my view is all day. There are some poorer spots, but this is the only spot where I felt safe enough to take out my camera.

A meal I had [milanese]. It was really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment