Monday, February 20, 2017

Week 74


Well this week was a great week. To start off we baptized a mom and her son. It was great! Me and my comp practiced and memorized a song in sign language, and we did it for her at her baptism. It turned out really great. Then the members that were there learned how to say “welcome to the ward” in sign language, and welcomed her in that way. She was so happy that we learned a little sign.



Everyone here thinks that I learned sign language before the mission. When I was helping Graciela understand what the people were saying in their talks at the baptism, the bishop thought it would be a great idea if I had the assignment to stand next to the pulpit on Sunday and translate everything that they said. So guess what I did. Sunday I was up there standing the whole meeting doing signs to her.


It was in that moment I realized I had learned a lot of sign while teaching her. I think that when I was [set apart as] a missionary and they said I would be able to grasp the language well and fast, they were talking about literally grasping this language because I still have some troubles with Spanish, but I learned this in about 3 weeks. Now I have to teach the ward members on Friday. We scheduled a little class so that everyone could start talking with her. Her son, Luciano is super ready. He already wants to go to the temple, and I believe he will go on a mission when he is older.


I have been District Leader for about 8 or 9 months now. I am still here in the office.


Well that is basically all that happened this week. I guess I made empanadas and we visited a few people.


One of the families you can all pray for is Naohuel, Natalia y Maohue. They really need a big answer that they need a church in their lives and that God exists and has commandments that we need to follow. Thanks for all the support back home.

Love You All,
Elder Newman

 
A Valentine's Day activity at their ward.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment