Monday, July 18, 2016

Week 43

Well this week was a hard week, and I have a feeling that this transfer is going to be a long transfer. My comp isn’t exactly a good missionary. But he is new so maybe he will change after time. He is super messy. I can’t keep the pension clean. He came on the mission because he thought it would be a good experience. It’s hard to work with him. He is a little racist against gringos, but other than that he is a good guy. The gospel has changed his life a ton. By the end of his mission he will be a good missionary.

The area is a great area. We have about 13 people that we could baptize right now. But we can’t because we have to find them first or some other missionary did something that offended them. But other than that they can all be baptized. The members are excited to have missionaries, and we are working on plans to teach with one member every night for two hours.

The dogs are super mean here, and they are huge. We saw one dog that you could see was taller than the front of a car that he was standing behind for 1 block away. We haven’t gotten bit yet, but I bet it happens before the end of this transfer.

I had to give [two] talks this week on the spot. One was for  the baptism for Aaron, and the person assigned didn’t show up. I was supposed to talk about the Holy Ghost, but the other person that was assigned for baptism talked about the Holy Ghost. So right then and there they had me talk about baptism. It was pretty easy, but I was so unprepared.

Later in Huergo, my comp was to give a message about 10ish minutes. But he just said where he was from and his testimony and sat down. So I had to talk for about 20 minutes about something I didn’t prepare. I even told him he had to share a little message. He just isn’t willing to do anything he doesn’t want to do. Ahh! He is lucky that I can speak good enough now to do that.

Other than that, not much happened. I made tacos. That was pretty tasty.

-Elder Nuevohombre








No comments:

Post a Comment