Sunday, October 11, 2015

Week 3

All is well here. I am sick right now, but it's on the back end of it. It really sucks being sick. Thanks so much for the packages and the jerky and all that good stuff. We got 4 new districts, so I gave away a lot of the sugary candy that is making me feel really sick. We do get gym, but it's not often enough. We also have some late nights trying to get stuff done, like studying and helping out the new kids that are homesick. 

As zone leader, I basically just make sure everyone is ok and that they are doing what they are supposed to be doing, so basically what dad does at work. The language is still hard, but I'm learning. I love studying my scriptures, I probably spend too much time in there instead of learning the language.

I am glad Rusty is having fun. Thanks for the email addresses. I'll try to write them as soon as I can. Dad can go ahead and buy the boots that he was looking at and send them here. When he does that, could he send my Giants hat? For p days you can wear a hat, and I want one. It doesn't even have to be that hat. I just want a decent hat that i can work in;) 

Everything here doesn't seem real, it almost feels like a dream. But it is pretty cool the things that I'm learning. Hermano Savio is a great teacher. He taught us about his experience with prayer and shared with us how we could make our prayers more meaningful. First, don't sit on your feet. You are kneeling to a king, and you are praying to him. Really think out your day, and be grateful for the life he has given you. He then let us go in our own separate rooms and pray for 15 minutes straight. I thought it was going to seem like forever, but it didn't last very long. I wish it could have been longer. It was truly a great experience, and I would challenge all of you to make your prayers more meaningful. 

Thanks for all the letters and pictures. That is really the highlight of the week. Packages are also great, even if they are silly stuff. I LOVE YOU ALL and wish you the Best. 

-Elder Riley Newman

My District:

My companion (He's awesome!):

My first tie trade:

Elder Rasmussen (from home) and I:



No comments:

Post a Comment