Monday, September 26, 2016

Week 53

Well I am a year out, and it doesn’t seem real. We didn’t do anything special for hump day because a lot of those traditions are against the rules. I still haven’t even bought an alfajor yet, so when I buy it I’ll take a picture, haha.

Today is the birthday of a missionary here in the office. I made pancakes, and we gave him a birthday morning breakfast like what we do in our house. I’ll send a picture of that.

Transfers are coming up, so that means I’m about to have a ton of work. I should be fine, but it's my first time doing everything for this alone.

For lessons this week we didn’t get much done. We did a lot of walking and talking to people. No one wants to hear a message. We did get one new investigador. His name is Carlos. He was a reference from a member. Me and another gringo that doesn’t speak very well taught him. It was hard because Carlos is a little hard of hearing. For those of you who know skwiky (Steve), he is about a half a step up [at hearing] better than him. (I can’t spell in English) So I taught the lesson, and I had to do it shouting. It went pretty good. The next lesson we teach, we are going to teach him about the restauración del evangelio, and invite him to be baptized.

That’s about all the highlights for the week.

Love you all -Elder Nuevohombre

Birthday pancakes for Elder Madruga...


Rubber band war in the mission office...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment